French Dip Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 French rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, bouillon and seasonings; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast, about 5 cups. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls with broth.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 318 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 20, 2017
A big hit with everyone in the family and so easy to prepare.
Aug 11, 2017
So easy and so good! I did use 1 can of consomme and 2 cans of French onion soup in place of the water and it came out wonderfully. My family ate it as sandwiches and I had my meat over a salad - both ways were excellent, Will definitely make again.
Aug 12, 2013
Easy and delicious! If you're home when it's cooking, you'll be salivating all day; smells so good!!!!!
Dec 21, 2011
This french dip recipe is a regular at my house, easy to put together and always savory and filling. I add a thin slice of cheddar to the sandwich before serving and will dip the cut side of the bread in the au jus on request. Sometimes I add beef broth or consomme and sometimes a can of french onion soup along with the water for extra flavor. Edit: tonite I'm adding all three & beef better than boullion. Whew! I found this recipe again, so glad I had rated it but forgot to add to my recipe box. Awesome, thanks again!
Jun 23, 2010
good an easy.
Nov 6, 2008
First time trying this.The whole family loved it.Broth is salty but I did not have any reduced sodium soy sauce,so I used regular.Sanwiches are good even without the dipping broth. Easy recipe.Put in crock pot and go about your day.