Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
Our Test Kitchen crew let their imaginations go overboard to dream up this light and spicy shrimp part starter. The well-seasoned shrimp are delicious on their own...or coated with the dipping sauce that stars garlic sesame oil.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the first five ingredients for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add Shrimp and onions; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 97 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.