Shrimp in Mango Chili Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Additional cilantro
- Warm corn bread, optional
- Place first five ingredients in a large skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add shrimp and green onions; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/3 cup cilantro.
- Sprinkle with cashews and additional cilantro. If desired, serve with corn bread.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup shrimp mixture: 283 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 895mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2018
I thought this looked like a tasty recipe, and DH agrees. I made a few changes for the two of us. I used half the shrimp but made the full amount of sauce. Instead of frozen mango I used 2 DelMonte fruitnaturals containers (from the produce department), drained, and added them to the sauce at the end of cooking, along with the green onions and the cilantro, to preserve their texture and flavor. I think I would prefer pasta or rice, but DH adored the cornbread, so we’ll stick with it. Another addition to the rotation. Thank you, Arlene!