Layered Shrimp Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup cocktail sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and 3 tablespoons salsa; spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine cocktail sauce and remaining salsa; spread over cream cheese.
- Arrange shrimp evenly over top. Sprinkle with olives. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over top. Add onions. Chill. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 95 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 27, 2015
I took this to a potluck last week, and everyone must have loved it because when I went to try it, it was GONE!!! LOL!!! Next time, which will be very soon, I get first dibs!!!!!!!!! I also used fresh shrimp.
Feb 1, 2015
Very good dip. Ritz cracker work better then tortilla chips, they keep breaking.
Sep 6, 2013
This was okay for us, but we have another similar recipe we like better.
May 27, 2013
good, however, I used fresh shrimp rather than canned.
May 27, 2013
This is great. Next time I'll add some heat to it
May 20, 2013
I used the frozen small shrimp and added more of all ingredients. I also put the sliced olives on the side in a seperate dish, as not everyone likes olives. It was yummy and everyone wanted the receipe.
May 19, 2013
Better and MUCH, MUCH Cheaper than Shrimp Cocktail at my party.
Nov 6, 2012
5 stars my way 4 stars your way I use more of everything and I never use can shrimp to high in sodium I use salad shrimp or small frozen cooked shrimp I just about double everything 8 oz. cream cheese
Jan 18, 2011
This was excellent! I made it for a Christmas party and eveyone loved it! I especially loved to spread it on Ritz crackers - the buttery flavor of the cracker complemented the flavor of the dip. It's a keeper!
Dec 26, 2010
This was so good, I could have eaten it with a spoon! I used light cream cheese, and next time will use 2% fat cheese to lighten it up even more. Also used medium fresh shrimp (cooked) and chopped. I will definitely make this one a permanent card in my recipe box!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.