Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/2 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Make a well in the center of the onion mixture; add egg. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg is completely set.
- Add the coleslaw mix, green onions, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and peanuts; heat through. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
1-1/4 cups: 338 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1675mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.