Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 147 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2018
was eagerly anticipating this recipe, as I have tried many curry recipes and couldn't find one I liked. I was sorely disappointed. I increased the curry powder to almost triple the called for 1 teaspoon and still couldn't taste any curry. Couldn't find any cilantro after adding an extra tablespoon. Not really happy that I wasted a pound of shrimp on this recipe. I even let the dish set for 10 minutes in hopes of the curry getting a chance to cure and build a flavor. I will try this one more time, and use chicken or pork. But not holding out much hope.
Jul 31, 2016
The sauce is really flavorful. This recipe is a good one for entertaining, since it's extremely quick but looks fancy enough to impress your guests.