I created this Indian-style shrimp when we were entertaining some friends, one of our favorite things to do. It works on the stovetop or the grill. —Shana Conradt, Appleton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 147 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Curry Shrimp in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.