Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and curry powder; cook and stir 30-60 seconds longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 147 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jun 24, 2019
I was pleasantly surprised with this recipe. The yogurt really makes the curry flavor linger on your tongue. Quick and easy, I've made this twice already and am making it again tonight.
Nov 29, 2018
was eagerly anticipating this recipe, as I have tried many curry recipes and couldn't find one I liked. I was sorely disappointed. I increased the curry powder to almost triple the called for 1 teaspoon and still couldn't taste any curry. Couldn't find any cilantro after adding an extra tablespoon. Not really happy that I wasted a pound of shrimp on this recipe. I even let the dish set for 10 minutes in hopes of the curry getting a chance to cure and build a flavor. I will try this one more time, and use chicken or pork. But not holding out much hope.
Jul 31, 2016
The sauce is really flavorful. This recipe is a good one for entertaining, since it's extremely quick but looks fancy enough to impress your guests.