Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add ketchup mixture to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion and sesame oil. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 shrimp: 19 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 3, 2018
This is really tasty and so quick and easy to make!
Dec 31, 2016
Outstanding !! I did tweak a bit, as I discovered the shrimp I bought was already cooked. So, I made the entire sauce, omitted the canola oil (as it was not needed to stir-fry the shrimp), add a few dashes of hot sauce, then let the sauce mellow in the fridge overnight. Next day, mixed it in with the shrimp, let the shrimp marinate in the sauce for a couple of hours, then served it cold. It was a huge hit.
Apr 26, 2015
this recipe is a keeper. I've made it several times. Serve over jasmine rice with stir fry vegetables.
Nov 27, 2014
Needed more zip, and I believe too much ketchup.
Jun 5, 2013
This is a wonderful recipe. You should all try it! My daughter came home from Red Lobster talking about Chili Shrimp. So, I found this recipe. Well she said this is BETTER than what she had at RL
Feb 22, 2012
Very easy and delicious!!!!! We will have this on many occasions...... try it you'll love it.