Spicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, peppers and shallot in oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp to sauce; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; stir into sauce. Heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 385 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 10g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 31, 2017
This was a great dish, I used more pasta as my family likes a bit more. We will definitely make this again.
May 3, 2015
Great dish and inexpensive to make. I would double up on the ingredients next time, since this recipe only calls for a half of box linguine
Jan 25, 2015
Very good and easy to make. I made it without the linguine as we are on a low carb diet and this worked perfectly with the plan.
Mar 11, 2014
I want to make this for my family but i'm not that experienced with cooking or changing the recipes to accommodate a bigger number of people. I want to make it for 6-7 people instead of 4 any suggestions on how much to increase the recipe?
Dec 12, 2012
Just a fantastic recipe and super healthy, filling and delicious! Crowd pleaser and very very easy to make!
Jul 30, 2012
Constantly on the menu at my house :)
Mar 21, 2011
Aside from needing a little extra salt, this dish was fabulous! I used yellow and orange peppers, and green onion instead of shallot. Will definatley be making this again, only halving the recipe b/c the leftovers weren't nearly as good.
Jul 16, 2010
Loved this one. I decreaed the pepper flakes a bit and used yellow and red peppers.
Jun 13, 2010
My husband and I loved this dish. We used bowtie pasta instead of the linguine. We are spice fans, but if you aren't keen on the spice, use less red pepper flakes or none at all! Delicious!