Spicy Shrimp Creole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, chili powder and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- Add shrimp; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 253 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1673mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Jul 17, 2012
Made this for me and my boyfriend and we both thought that it was a hit! I added some more hot pepper sauce and omitted the Worcestershire sauce..by accident! Ooops!I will definitely make it again. Low cal & tasty indeed.
Mar 10, 2012
Delicious! Just the right amount of heat for my family.
Dec 12, 2009
Really tasty, easy and low calorie. How could you beat that? Quick too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.