Mushroom Shrimp Creole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushroom, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute onions, green peppers and garlic. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, basil and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, butter, lemon juice and savory. Cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Stir in bacon. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 293 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Jun 27, 2017
We fixed this for a cajun themed supper and it was a hit!!!
Jan 6, 2016
How to peel shrimp in a few seconds but without touching it with your hands https://youtu.be/m62F_rMXKtk
Jul 15, 2008
This is a great recipe, but not spicy enough for my family. I added 1 tsp of cayenne and 1 1/2 tsp of creole seasoning, as well as extra garlic cloves
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.