Creole Shrimp Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside. Combine lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery seed and remaining Creole seasoning; saute until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pizza sauce and hot sauce. Remove from heat.
- Drain shrimp. Spread sauce mixture over crust. Top with shrimp and green pepper; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 378 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 969mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
May 9, 2018
This was pretty good!
Jan 13, 2018
I made this back in November it was excellent! Am making it again tonight!
Jan 12, 2018
My whole family loved it!!! Served with a side of slaw.....
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.