Creole Shrimp Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Set aside. Combine lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery seed and remaining Creole seasoning; saute until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in pizza sauce and hot sauce. Remove from heat.
- Drain shrimp. Spread sauce mixture over crust. Top with shrimp and green pepper; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 378 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 969mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 9, 2018
This was pretty good!
Jan 13, 2018
I made this back in November it was excellent! Am making it again tonight!
Jan 12, 2018
My whole family loved it!!! Served with a side of slaw.....