Shrimp with Creole Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib with leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 36 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in oil for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice; add juice to skillet. Mash tomatoes and add to skillet. Stir in the parsley, water, tomato paste, lime juice and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 56 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 5, 2012
Too bad the rating only goes to 5 star, I would give this recipe 10 stars. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you. This recipe comes together fairly quick and it is absolutely fabulous!!!
Dec 30, 2007
Sounds Great. Going to make some for New Year's Eve. I'll let you know how it was.