New Orleans-Style Spicy Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 bay leaves
- French bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Microwave, covered, on high 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until blended.
- Divide shrimp and bay leaves between two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Add half of the lemon mixture to each dish; toss to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring halfway. Remove bay leaves. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without bread): 242 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 211mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 26, 2017
We thought this was decent, but found it to be a bit lacking on flavor. I expected the flavor to be stronger but it's extremely subtle. The only thing I can think of is maybe the shrimp were too wet and that diluted the flavor. It did have a good flavor, just needed to be stronger. The only thing I did different was cut it into 1/4. We wound up dipping the shrimp in Old Bay after it was cooked. While this is decent, there are other shrimp recipes I like better.
Jun 13, 2016
We love this recipe as is. I only adjust amounts to however many people are eating.
Mar 13, 2016
We loved this recipe, but I did modify so it would not be too spicy. I eliminated the chili garlic sauce, added only 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and since I did not have any lemons, I added the equivalent amount of lemon juice. I was delicious and we will definitely make again with the adjustments.
Oct 13, 2015
This was amazing!! Perhaps a bit too much food for 2 people so I will cut everything in half next time.
Nov 3, 2014
This shrimp recipe is delicious. The lemon slices add a nice layer of flavor. Served over rice.I will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.