New Orleans-Style Spicy Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 bay leaves
- French bread
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Microwave, covered, on high 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until blended.
- Divide shrimp and bay leaves between 2 ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Add half of the lemon mixture to each dish; toss to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring halfway. Remove bay leaves. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without bread): 242 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 211mg cholesterol, 940mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Nov 6, 2019
This is a family favorite and so easy to make. The bread to soak up the sauce is divine! Would give more than 5 stars if I could. LOVE THIS!
Jul 23, 2019
This is a delicious recipe for shrimp. It is very messy to eat but definitely worth it. And the french bread to soak up the sauce is a must.
Jun 28, 2019
I have made this 4 times for different groups and everyone really enjoyed it and many asked for the recipe. I made it as written and it is so easy and tasty with just the right amount of kick...hot but not overly so. Love the chili garlic ingredient! It is outstanding even though it's a little messy to eat! It brings back memories of New Orleans.
Feb 26, 2017
We thought this was decent, but found it to be a bit lacking on flavor. I expected the flavor to be stronger but it's extremely subtle. The only thing I can think of is maybe the shrimp were too wet and that diluted the flavor. It did have a good flavor, just needed to be stronger. The only thing I did different was cut it into 1/4. We wound up dipping the shrimp in Old Bay after it was cooked. While this is decent, there are other shrimp recipes I like better.
Jun 13, 2016
We love this recipe as is. I only adjust amounts to however many people are eating.
Mar 13, 2016
We loved this recipe, but I did modify so it would not be too spicy. I eliminated the chili garlic sauce, added only 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and since I did not have any lemons, I added the equivalent amount of lemon juice. I was delicious and we will definitely make again with the adjustments.
Oct 13, 2015
This was amazing!! Perhaps a bit too much food for 2 people so I will cut everything in half next time.
Nov 3, 2014
This shrimp recipe is delicious. The lemon slices add a nice layer of flavor. Served over rice.I will definitely make again.