Saucy Barbecue Shrimp
This old, rustic Cajun dish is one of our family favorites. Don't remove the shells from the shrimp—the beauty of this dish is peeling the shrimp and dipping it in the sauce. We've doubled and even tripled this barbecue shrimp to feed crowds and it's always perfect! —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) pale ale beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (31-40 per pound), deveined
- French bread baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce and beer.
- Place shrimp in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour barbecue mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway. Serve with baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 339 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Uncle Tim's Barbecue Shrimp in Taste of Home June/July 2019
Jun 25, 2019
tasty and spicy....I will definitely make this again..(lots of napkins for fingers needed)
Jun 17, 2019
I omitted the beer. This was very good
Apr 23, 2019
Easy recipe, great for a bbq or crowd