Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1 tablespoon oil and spices; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream and remaining cilantro.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Return onion mixture to pan; heat through. Serve with tortillas, salsa and sour cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas with 1/4 cup sour cream mixture and 2 tablespoons salsa: 418 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2018
Is there any way I can lower the sodium content? These sound absolutely delicious, but the sodium content is too high for my diets (I'm on three different ones). Try juggling that. :)
Jan 19, 2018
I would give this more stars if I could.
Jan 10, 2015
Very tasty and simple to make. Will make this again. Shrimp is extremely flavorful
Sep 21, 2014
These were yummy and quick. I used Cajun spice also. Did not use cilantro, otherwise followed the recipe. I will make again.
Sep 15, 2014
These were good, but in order to keep the calories even lower, I substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream. You could also a half yogurt, half sour cream mixture. To desmma15, cilantro is a basic flavor in Mexican cooking. If you are happy without it that is great. Enjoy!
Sep 15, 2014
This is a great recipe, but why do so many recipes today call for cilantro? I hate the stuff; tastes like soap. The recipe was terrific without it.
Dec 25, 2013
These were fast & wonderful!
Oct 12, 2013
I really liked these, but I too used Cajun spice since I was going off of the magazine version when I was making my shopping list. When I went to actually prepare them, I was using the website and didn't have any jerk seasoning so thanks to the previous reviewer for recommending Cajun spice.
Sep 10, 2013
I'm giving this a "good" in hopes next time will be better. I made these directly out of the magazine when it arrived and only thought they were so-so and lacking in flavor. Now that I see the recipe online, I notice the jerk seasoning was omitted in the magazine! That would have made a big difference in the taste. I'll have to save this and try it one more time with all ingredients present.
Sep 2, 2013
My family loved this recipe. My 10-year-old son took the leftovers to school, and the other kids' mouths were watering.