Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1 tablespoon oil and spices; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream and remaining cilantro.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Return onion mixture to pan; heat through. Serve with tortillas, salsa and sour cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas with 1/4 cup sour cream mixture and 2 tablespoons salsa: 418 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Feb 6, 2018
Is there any way I can lower the sodium content? These sound absolutely delicious, but the sodium content is too high for my diets (I'm on three different ones). Try juggling that. :)
Jan 19, 2018
I would give this more stars if I could.
Jan 10, 2015
Very tasty and simple to make. Will make this again. Shrimp is extremely flavorful
Sep 21, 2014
These were yummy and quick. I used Cajun spice also. Did not use cilantro, otherwise followed the recipe. I will make again.
Sep 15, 2014
These were good, but in order to keep the calories even lower, I substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream. You could also a half yogurt, half sour cream mixture. To desmma15, cilantro is a basic flavor in Mexican cooking. If you are happy without it that is great. Enjoy!
Sep 15, 2014
This is a great recipe, but why do so many recipes today call for cilantro? I hate the stuff; tastes like soap. The recipe was terrific without it.
Dec 25, 2013
These were fast & wonderful!
Oct 12, 2013
I really liked these, but I too used Cajun spice since I was going off of the magazine version when I was making my shopping list. When I went to actually prepare them, I was using the website and didn't have any jerk seasoning so thanks to the previous reviewer for recommending Cajun spice.
Sep 10, 2013
I'm giving this a "good" in hopes next time will be better. I made these directly out of the magazine when it arrived and only thought they were so-so and lacking in flavor. Now that I see the recipe online, I notice the jerk seasoning was omitted in the magazine! That would have made a big difference in the taste. I'll have to save this and try it one more time with all ingredients present.
Sep 2, 2013
My family loved this recipe. My 10-year-old son took the leftovers to school, and the other kids' mouths were watering.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.