Chicken Fajitas for Two
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lime juice plus 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, divided
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1/2 small sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 4 fat-free tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream and chopped cilantro
- Arrange chicken in a shallow dish. Combine 1/4 cup lime juice, 3 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons canola oil, garlic, salt, chili powder, cayenne, pepper and, if desired, liquid smoke; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. On a greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir until tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon lime juice and remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Cut chicken into thin slices; add to vegetables. Serve with tortillas and, if desired, salsa, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 383 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1471mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 23, 2018
I really liked these fajitas. The liquid smoke gives them a hit of grill flavor. I can easily adjust this recipe for the number of guests I have.
Feb 17, 2014
I just made that rws. for chicken fajitas. I am sory but I did not wate for my family to come home I ate the hole dam thing.LOVED IT. SO IM NOT SO IN NOT SORY. [email protected]
Jan 14, 2014
Jan 13, 2014
My new go to recipe for chicken fajitas! Will be trying it with beef soon!
Jan 5, 2014
Very very good as so easy exactly as is! Nothing more to say. Try it.
Jan 5, 2014
YUM ! Easy and tasty.
Jan 5, 2014
Use olive oil instead of canola, use a tsp of good chili powder (try ancho) and a tsp of ground cumin. Add a handful of chopped cilantro. Don't marinade chicken for longer than 2 hours, otherwise the lime juice changes the consistency of the chicken.
Jul 25, 2013
This is a wonderful marinade in this recipe. We followed the recipe for the marinade, using lemon juice instead of lime. Then we grilled the chicken and sliced it over Caesar Salad......wonderful.....my husband said he could eat it every day ! Definite keeper !
Sep 12, 2011
This was an amazing recipe. It was very authentic.
May 15, 2010
This is my husband's favorite fajita recipe!!