Chicken Fajita Pizza
Our family loves pizza, and this variation is one we enjoy often, the chicken is unexpected but delicious. On hectic days, I can make it in a snap using a prepared crust. Either way, it disappears in a hurry.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 pizzas (8 slices each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced green peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt and sugar. Beat vigorously by hand 20 strokes. Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink. Add the onions, peppers, chili powder, garlic powder and remaining salt; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon over crusts; top with salsa and cheese. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 193 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 8, 2009
My family really likes this pizza. My little sisters are young,and very picky, so they don't like the peppers and onions, but the rest of my family loves this recipe! Plus it is healthy.