Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. If desired, serve with toppings.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 fajita: 369 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Mar 16, 2020
Wow there was soo much flavor. I cooked the chicken and veggies on the grill, which I think added that great grilled flavor!
Mar 2, 2020
Doubled, had fajitas, just had the perfect meat and peppers for lunch, made enchiladas from leftovers and all were excellent.
Feb 23, 2020
I tripled the amount for a dinner party and only added lime zest to the marinade. It was delicious!
Feb 21, 2020
Feb 3, 2020
Jan 27, 2020
Made it tonight. Everyone enjoyed it. I will definitely make this again
Jan 26, 2020
Very flavorful. An easy make We really enjoyed it .
Jan 22, 2020
Hi- Can I put all ingredients in crockpot to cook? Have you tried that?
Jan 22, 2020
The whole family loves this one. I have made it using lemon juice in the marinade and like juice another time when we didn’t have any lemons. Great both ways.
Jan 14, 2020
What do you use for seasoned salt?