Fantastic Beef Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak or flank steak, trimmed and cut against the grain into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 flour tortilla shells, warmed
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream
- In a large resealable bag, combine marinade ingredients; add beef. Seal and refrigerate for 3-6 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Discard marinade. In a skillet, saute onion and pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove from pan. Pat steak strips dry with paper towels. Add remaining oil and saute meat until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Return vegetables to pan and heat through.
- To assemble, place a spoonful of meat and vegetable mixture on a warmed tortilla and top with avocado, salsa and sour cream. Roll tortilla around filling.
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas: 731 calories, 38g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2017
Tasty and easy. I will make these again.
Feb 16, 2017
These were SO easy and tasty! I prefer mildly spiced foods and this was perfect for me. My husband likes it a bit hotter so he topped his fajitas with some chipotle pepper powder.
Aug 11, 2015
Marinade is very good!
Mar 29, 2014
My family loved these fajitas! The marinade is delicious, and I served the fajitas with homemade pico de gallo. Instead of pan-frying the steak and veggies, I used a grill plate. I'll be making this recipe again soon!
Nov 19, 2013
Needs more zip!!
Jul 1, 2013
I kept craving more of these.
May 27, 2013
this was easy and it will be a recipe i will share with friends and family
May 22, 2013
These were very good. I just fried the beef and served with sweet onion and red pepper and all the fixings. Sliced cheese as well. Yummy
May 9, 2013
Very tasty! Next time I will include the avacados; I'm sure they will be even better.
May 6, 2013
These Were Very Good! I Would Recommend Them To Anyone.ForThose Saying It's Not "Mexican", you Clearly HaveNoIdea About The History Of FajitasFajita Is Simply A Term For Strips Of Meat Grilled And Served On A Corn Or Flour Tortilla. There Is No Right Or Wing Way. And It's Not Mexican - It's Tex-Mex. Get With The Program.