Grilled Steak Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add beef. In another large resealable plastic bad, add the onion and green pepper.
- In a small large bowl combine the chilies, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour 1-1/2 cups over meat. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain meat and vegetables, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, cut two pieces of heavy-duty foil into 18x12-in. rectangles. Wrap tortillas in one piece and vegetables in the other; seal foil tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Cut steak into 1/8-in. slices across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables and roll up. Serve with avocado and sour cream if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2016
Sooo delicious! Every year I look forward to fresh peppers and onions from the garden to use in this recipe, which I've been making for years.
Dec 19, 2015
The single best Steak Fajita recipe I have ever tried! Substituted Skirt Steak instead of Flank Steak and I buy it at Whole Foods, so much less fat and much better flavor than others I've tried.
Feb 19, 2014
try pico de gallo: cilantro, tomato, onion, and some jalapeno or serrano pepper all diced up and mixed together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice..GREAT
Jul 27, 2009