Simple Grilled Steak Fajitas
After moving to a new state with two toddlers in tow, I came up with effortless fajitas. They make an easy weeknight meal on the grill or in a cast-iron skillet. —Shannen Mahoney, Odessa, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved
- 1 medium green pepper, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado, optional
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Lime wedges, optional
- Rub steak with seasoning mix. Brush onion and peppers with oil.
- Grill steak and vegetables, covered, on a greased rack over medium direct heat 4-6 minutes on each side, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; and medium-well, 145°) and vegetables are tender. Remove from grill. Let steak stand, covered, 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut vegetables and steak into strips; serve in tortillas. If desired, top with avocado and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 363 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grill fajitas in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.