Flank Steak Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches)
- Sour cream, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and salt; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Stir in red and green peppers. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat and peppers are tender. Thicken juices if desired.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 11, 2015
Delicious had great flavor but I would definitely marinated overnight
Nov 8, 2013
@ShotofJager, if your meat was tough then you did not either have enough juices in your crock pot or cook on low for a long enough period of time. I have cooked every type of meat possible in my crockpot and had the toughest of meats come out perfectly tender. I cannot wait to try out this recipe although I am going to add some onions and fresh lime juice!
Sep 10, 2011
this is such a fantastic, easy recipe. the crockpot really tenderizes the meat (and the whole house smells great also)
Feb 21, 2011
Great flavor! The steak was very tender and just melted in your mouth. I used a can of diced tomatoes (w/no chilies) and no peppers. We skipped the tortillas and served over bed of Romaine lettuce w/shredded cheese and sour cream. I will definitely make this again!!
Dec 18, 2010
the steak fell apart at the end. there were no strips of steak to even make a fajita. The steak stayed tough, never got tender. Do do not make this crock pot recipe. I did and threw it away!