Fabulous Beef Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup salad dressing and chili powder; add steak. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining salad dressing until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade. In the skillet, saute steak for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon meat and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Mar 1, 2013
Yummy and easy!
Feb 22, 2011
SOOOOOO easy, you don't think it will be anything great. But is now a DEFINITE family favorite! Even my kids will eat it. We use homemade Italian dressing and wheat tortillas to make it more healthy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.