Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 8 mini flour tortillas (5 inches)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro leaves, sliced jalapeno pepper and avocado
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on high until meat is almost tender, 2 hours. Add red pepper and onion; cover and cook until meat and vegetables are tender, 1 hour.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center. Top as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fajita: 220 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 23, 2018
Im making this for the 4th time :) I love it. Best fajita recipe ever
Jun 20, 2018
Delicious - this was a big hit! Very easy. Because of some comments, I did add more than the recipe called for when adding the spices - I also cooked on low for first 2 hours and then added vegetables and cooked on high for 1 hour. I had never used avocado as a topping before but seeing it as an option I gave it a try - soooo good!!!
Feb 11, 2018
We love one pan meals. I changed this recipe and cooked the veggies the last 15 minutes or so on high. Great, tasty meal.
Dec 13, 2017
Great recipe! Slow cooking is great but it can be made a lot healthier. Instead of a crockpot, I used MEC pure clay pot for this recipe. It cooked a lot faster and the flavor was all natural and enhanced. You should try that and I promise you'd never cook in a crockpot again.
Dec 8, 2017
IT WAS OK! I HAVE MADE BETTER RECIPES.
Oct 7, 2017
Easy and delicious! Will definitely make again.
Jun 25, 2017
We love Mexican food so this recipe satisfies our craving!!
Jun 25, 2017
Good basic recipe, but a little bland- I add a couple of different chili powders, ancho, chipotle- lots more garlic. Cannot eat green peppers, use yellow, red or orange. Lime juice instead of lemon. A touch of honey. Cook on low, 6-8 hours. I use the lime at the end, before serving.
Feb 27, 2017
this was very good, but I would probably add a little more seasoning the next time. I will make this again.
Dec 27, 2016
I'm surprised I didn't submit a review on this recipe earlier (shame on me)! This recipe is truly FABULOUS! This is my go-to recipe for fajitas; not only do I use steak, but I also use chicken and I'll double the recipe so one night we have fajitas, the next night I'll make quesadillas with either the chicken or steak. This is such a keeper!!