My husband prefers these to chicken or beef fajitas and I serve them for dinner often. —Sarah Mercer, Wichita, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute the vegetables, salt and pepper in oil until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese; top with sour cream and salsa. Fold in sides.
Nutrition Facts1 fajita: 375 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Veggie Fajitas in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.