Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, combine rice and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 12-15 minutes. Add lime juice, cilantro and nutmeg; fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 130 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Dec 10, 2019
I love these flavors together, and it’s pretty versatile as a filler for enchiladas, tacos, burritos. Will make again!
Oct 2, 2018
Good alternative to plain rice.
Nov 3, 2017
Really good and simple. I used brown rice and added black beans. I will add more cilantro and more lime juice next time.