My family's favorite Mexican restaurant serves a similar rice as a side dish. I threw this together one night when I was making fajitas, and everyone loved it! It's such an easy side dish and pairs well with kabobs on the grill, too. —Robin Baskette, Lexington, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, combine rice and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add lime juice, cilantro and nutmeg; fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 130 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Originally published as Cilantro-Lime Rice in Taste of Home February/March 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.