Cranberry Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine the rice, cranberries and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, minced onion, poppy seeds and paprika; whisk in the vinegars and oil. Drizzle over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the almonds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 345 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 22, 2016
I made this for about 40 people, along with a chicken with a sauce. People LOVED it... very easy. I did add feta cheese to up the game a bit... but that made it non-vegan. Still, easy and yummy.
Feb 28, 2013
This was a big hit at a cookout and it was nice not to have to worry about a mayo dish sitting out. I make this with brown rice and add extra green onions. It is good with the almonds toasted or not toasted.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.