- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine the rice, cranberries and green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, minced onion, poppy seeds and paprika; whisk in the vinegars and oil. Drizzle over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the almonds.
3/4 cup: 345 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.