Cilantro Lime Cod
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cod or flounder fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place each fillet on a 15x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro. Place lime slices over each; drizzle with butter. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 132 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 5, 2016
Easy, but not good. The lime would be better if the juice was squeezed on after cooking - the rind gave the fish a bitter taste. Even though there was a lot of seasoning, the fish had no flavor and we all had to add a lot of salt to make it edible.
Feb 20, 2015
Easy to do and tastes great. I used chopped onions instead of dried minced onions and butter instead of olive oil