Cilantro Lime Cod
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cod or flounder fillets (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place each fillet on a 15x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Sprinkle with pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil; stir in cumin. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with cilantro. Place lime slices over each; drizzle with butter. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 132 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Apr 5, 2016
Easy, but not good. The lime would be better if the juice was squeezed on after cooking - the rind gave the fish a bitter taste. Even though there was a lot of seasoning, the fish had no flavor and we all had to add a lot of salt to make it edible.
Feb 20, 2015
Easy to do and tastes great. I used chopped onions instead of dried minced onions and butter instead of olive oil
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.