Rice is favored in my family so I make this pleasant, citrus side dish often.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, peeled, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the orange juice, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in orange pieces; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 233 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Orange Pilaf in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
May 8, 2017
So very tasty!!! Loved it!!! Very easy to prepare with tons of flavor! I will definitely be making often!
Feb 5, 2015
I really liked how easy this rice was to make and how flavorful this dish was.