Soft Vegetable Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in beans and salsa. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful onto half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and cheese. Fold tortilla over filling.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 524 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 902mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
May 19, 2018
Splendid! Very delicious, filling and a great way to get some extra veggies in! I added cabbage and carrots and some pumpkin seeds as well. Yum!
Apr 12, 2018
Delicious and relatively healthy!
Aug 30, 2017
Easy and tasty! Great meal for week night. I also added taco seasoning. I will make this again!
Nov 11, 2016
I couldn't believe my husband didn't even ask what happened to the meat when I made this. I loved it, and husband and son went back for seconds!
Oct 9, 2014
Even my kids like this! I have also put it in the crockpot for a few hours, and it's ready when we are.
Apr 22, 2014
Very easy! I followed the recommendation of others and added some taco seasoning, which worked very well. I also added some slices of avocado.
Oct 18, 2011
Excellent taste and so easy to make. I add extra salsa and some chili powder because I like spicy. This recipe also keeps well in fridge and is easily warmed in microwave wrapped in a tortilla. Great to take for lunches.
Aug 3, 2011
Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan, for extra protein and chewiness.
Aug 3, 2011
Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make, even for a weeknight! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan for some extra protein and chewiness.
Jun 14, 2011
Fast, easy, and healthy! I add a little low-sodium taco seasoning and pepper flakes to enhance the flavor. This recipe is one of our favorites!