Soft Vegetable Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, zucchini and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in beans and salsa. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cupful onto half of each tortilla; top with sour cream and cheese. Fold tortilla over filling.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 524 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 902mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein.
May 19, 2018
Splendid! Very delicious, filling and a great way to get some extra veggies in! I added cabbage and carrots and some pumpkin seeds as well. Yum!
Apr 12, 2018
Delicious and relatively healthy!
Aug 30, 2017
Easy and tasty! Great meal for week night. I also added taco seasoning. I will make this again!
Nov 11, 2016
I couldn't believe my husband didn't even ask what happened to the meat when I made this. I loved it, and husband and son went back for seconds!
Oct 9, 2014
Even my kids like this! I have also put it in the crockpot for a few hours, and it's ready when we are.
Apr 22, 2014
Very easy! I followed the recommendation of others and added some taco seasoning, which worked very well. I also added some slices of avocado.
Oct 18, 2011
Excellent taste and so easy to make. I add extra salsa and some chili powder because I like spicy. This recipe also keeps well in fridge and is easily warmed in microwave wrapped in a tortilla. Great to take for lunches.
Aug 3, 2011
Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan, for extra protein and chewiness.
Aug 3, 2011
Wonderful blend of flavors! And easy to make, even for a weeknight! I made a vegan, no-cholesterol version using Daiya cheddar cheese and Tofutti sour cream. I also added some lightly browned seitan for some extra protein and chewiness.
Jun 14, 2011
Fast, easy, and healthy! I add a little low-sodium taco seasoning and pepper flakes to enhance the flavor. This recipe is one of our favorites!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.