Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, kidney beans and salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and discard seeds. In a stockpot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each pepper half. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through. Top each with tomato and cheese. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 425 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1364mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.
Aug 27, 2016
Delicious, I substituted black beans for kidney beans. Would definitely make again. YUM!!!
Aug 23, 2015
Very good! I subsitituded cooked rice for the beans and I cooked in crockpot on low for about 2-1/2 hours and used red, green,and yellow peppers for a nice variety .
Mar 16, 2015
So easy and tasty. We used veggie meat. I steamed peppers 2 split at a time in mico 1 1/2 mins each. So fast and easy.
Oct 3, 2012
Easy to make and delicious. Pleased the family.
Jul 9, 2012
This is a great recipe. Just enough kick for me but can be cooled down by topping it off with a little sour cream.
Sep 28, 2010
They're great!! I used extra lean ground beef, reduced sodium taco seasoning, homemade salsa, and low fat or fat free sour cream... they're so tasty.. this is a keeper in this house! Thanks!
Sep 16, 2010
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. The only thing I did differently was to use some cream colored peppers that we grew in the garden this year instead of the green peppers. Will be sure to make them again!
Sep 16, 2010
This was really good! Even the older children tried it! I think I might tweak it by adding some bacon or bacon bits to it next time. Yum!
Sep 14, 2010
We tried this last night and the whole family agreed it was a keeper. Boiling the bell peppers before baking made them perfectly well done. Loved it!
Sep 13, 2010
I thing these are great. The only thing I changed was the fresh cilantro instead of the coriander. Of couse I added a chile sauce on the side and fresh warm corn tortillas. I agree, if you don't like it move on!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.