Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, kidney beans and salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and discard seeds. In a stockpot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each pepper half. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through. Top each with tomato and cheese. Serve with sour cream.
Aug 5, 2019
I LOVE these and I’m not even a fan of stuffed peppers! I’ve made them several times following the recipe exactly and other times using soy crumbles instead of the ground beef and they taste great either way. I love the suggestion about adding corn and will try that next time. The whole family enjoys these. Thank you for sharing such an easy and delicious recipe!
Jun 21, 2019
Added 10 minutes to the bake time. Perfect texture, may have had to do with the large size of the peppers. My picky wife wants them again!
Aug 27, 2016
Delicious, I substituted black beans for kidney beans. Would definitely make again. YUM!!!
Aug 23, 2015
Very good! I subsitituded cooked rice for the beans and I cooked in crockpot on low for about 2-1/2 hours and used red, green,and yellow peppers for a nice variety .
Mar 16, 2015
So easy and tasty. We used veggie meat. I steamed peppers 2 split at a time in mico 1 1/2 mins each. So fast and easy.
Oct 3, 2012
Easy to make and delicious. Pleased the family.
Jul 9, 2012
This is a great recipe. Just enough kick for me but can be cooled down by topping it off with a little sour cream.
Sep 28, 2010
They're great!! I used extra lean ground beef, reduced sodium taco seasoning, homemade salsa, and low fat or fat free sour cream... they're so tasty.. this is a keeper in this house! Thanks!
Sep 16, 2010
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. The only thing I did differently was to use some cream colored peppers that we grew in the garden this year instead of the green peppers. Will be sure to make them again!
Sep 16, 2010
This was really good! Even the older children tried it! I think I might tweak it by adding some bacon or bacon bits to it next time. Yum!