Soft Chicken Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, sliced radishes, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions and fat-free sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the beans, salsa and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Serve with the toppings of your choice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Feb 16, 2016
Just like eating at a restaurant! I didn't use the black beans. I cooked the chicken in the crockpot with the salsa, taco seasoning and also added some butter, chicken broth, franks hot wing sauce and some diced onion. I let it cook until the chicken soaked up all the liquid then shredded with a fork. Absolutely Delicious! Best home made tacos I've ever had. I have no need to go to a Mexican restaurant when I can make these at home!
Jan 20, 2013
Nov 22, 2011
Very flavorful and delicious! Simple meal, big taste! We served it with Spanish rice and a salad!
Sep 16, 2011
I'd give it 7 stars if I could! WONDERFUL meal and quick to make!
Jul 24, 2011
I had some leftover cooked chicken on hand and was looking for an easy way to use it. This was perfect! These tasted very good, and were so simple to make. I just heated up the chicken and bean mixture in the microwave. Topped the taco with lettuce, diced tomato, and cheddar cheese. Next time I may make the Southwestern Hominy side dish to accompany this.
Mar 11, 2011
I haven't used this recipe yet. I am preparing it this evening for my family. I am reducing the salt in 3 ways. Rinsing the beans thoroughly cuts the salt in those by about 1/3. I make my own taco seasoning using a low sodium Chili Powder. I also make my own salsa which is much more time consuming so I make a large amount and freeze it. There are numerous recipes for both of those items here on Taste of Home.
Jan 15, 2010
Incredibly easy, I also add 1/2 cup corn. I can't believe how much flavor these have, it seems to simple but is soo delicious!
Jun 29, 2009
This recipe is good - but the sodium content is prohibitive! Where can I cut the salt?