Seafood Soft Tacos
A delicate fish flavor enhances these taste-tempting tacos. "I've even tried this recipe with octopus and squid," says Jack Hunter of Harlingen, Texas.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound flounder
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Place the fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; cut into 1-in. pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the tomato, salt, garlic powder, cumin and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add fish; heat through. Spoon filling on one side of tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro; fold in half.
Editor's Note: Cod, red snapper, haddock, ocean perch or any other lean fish may be substituted for the flounder.