Lime Chicken Tacos
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, pickled onions, shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar or Cotija cheese, optional
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place filling on tortillas; if desired, serve with sour cream, pickled onions, lettuce and cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 291 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Apr 14, 2019
This was quite delicious! I juiced 1.5 limes (used the other half of a lime for garnish), which was about 4.5 tbsp. I cut back on the chili powder (about 1.5 tsp), and instead of mixing them, I sprinkled the powder on each piece of chicken, then poured in the lime juice. I cooked it for 5 hours, shredded the chicken and added in the salsa and corn, then only cooked it all for an additional 15 minutes or so while my sides finished cooking. The chicken was perfect. I could actually taste the lime, but it wasn't overpowering. I will be doing the same ratio next time. We really loved this recipe, and it tasted great topped with some lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and avocado. I'll definitely be doing this one again.
Feb 16, 2019
I like this recipe, toss it in the crockpot
Apr 5, 2018
We made this chicken for a taco bar for a friends rehearsal dinner. We left out the corn and chili powder to help it appeal to even the pickiest guests. It was moist and delicious, with just the right amount of lime flavor coming through. I used Jack's (Garden Fresh) fresh salsa and I think that boosted the flavor compared to jarred chunky salsa. This is a keeper. The leftovers freeze great as well.
Mar 11, 2018
This was bland and disappointing.
Oct 19, 2017
I liked the lime flavor, but expected more spiciness. Will try using hot salsa next time.
Sep 20, 2017
Tasty quick meal with lots of options.
Aug 29, 2017
This a fantastic family, summertime recipe! The chicken is jammed packed with flavor!"A TRUE FAMILY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 25, 2017
This recipe has been a favorite of ours for years. Quick, easy & great flavor. I use the leftover chicken to make enchiladas.
Jul 31, 2017
This was delicious! It makes for a great meal that is quick and easy to make. I did up some peppers and onions to go with it.
May 31, 2017
Can't wait to try this! I'm from Boise too!!