Slow-Cooker Breakfast Burritos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 2 Kerrygold cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Optional toppings: Salsa, sliced jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, cubed avocado
- Remove sausage from casings. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, layer potatoes, sausage and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper until blended; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 hours or until eggs are set and a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover and let stand 10 minutes. Serve in tortillas with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 382 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Dec 1, 2019
This was good. It definitely needs more seasoning. The second time I made this, I seasoned the potatoes with onion powder and salt and then continued to follow the recipe. It was delicious! My slow cooker runs hot which means it was ready in 3 hours. I was worried it would burn overnight but the automatic warm function helped.
Sep 6, 2019
I'm a little confused. It says to "prep... the night before for a quick breakfast in the morning..." If I put everything in the slow-cooker