Slow-Cooker Breakfast Burritos
Prep these tasty, hearty burritos the night before for a quick breakfast in the morning, or let them cook on a weekend afternoon while you are away for an easy supper. —Anna Miller, Churdan, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Optional toppings: Salsa, sliced jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, cubed avocado
- Remove sausage from casings. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, layer potatoes, sausage and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper until blended; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-3/4 - 4-1/4 hours or until eggs are set and a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover and let stand 10 minutes. Serve in tortillas with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 382 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Breakfast Burritos in Taste of Home August/September 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.