Slow Cooker Mexican Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Tortilla chip scoops
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Heat rice according to package directions.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the meat mixture, rice, beans, enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla scoops.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoon: 75 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 2, 2018
This Taste of Home Field Editor couldn't be happier with the results of this recipe which I quadrupled for not only a college graduation celebration but put a few containers without the cheese in the freezer for some upcoming gatherings that I'll be golden for. This recipe is easy, tasty, and I found really good as a filling for my scrambled eggs, too. My guests enjoyed them with chips of all kinds.
Jun 16, 2015
Very odd combination of the Italian Sausage and Enchilada sauce, we didn't care for it at all. It's also a very unattractive dish, not something you'd want to serve at a party.
Jan 1, 2013
LOVED IT! i made mine with ground elk instead of beef. will definitely make it again for a party.
Dec 14, 2011
a wonderful recipe.....
Oct 31, 2010
Simple and very delicious.
Oct 21, 2010
This is very easy, and super yummy. A big hit at the potluck. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that I wish it used something other than Velveeta, which is such crap. I sort of cringe at the idea of using Velveeta in anything. Next time I think I'll try it with cream cheese, or maybe cream cheese mixed with real cheddar.
Aug 5, 2010
I made this for a Halloween party and everyone just loved it. I will be making this for all my parties from now on.
Jul 25, 2009
Everyone loved it, asking for the recipe. It makes a large quantity though. I used about half for the party and have frozen the rest for next time. Definitely will be using this often
Feb 15, 2009
My Family just loved this recipe. And I also made it for a party I had and everyone wanted the recipe. I will be making this again.
Dec 1, 2008
It was just okay..Not sure if it was the Spanish rice..I used a canned version.