Baked Breakfast Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 to 8 bacon strips
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large flour tortillas (10 inches)
- Sour cream and additional enchilada sauce, optional
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute mushrooms, onions, green pepper and garlic in drippings until tender; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and enchilada sauce. In a skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until eggs are set. Remove from heat.
- Crumble the bacon; add to eggs with mushroom mixture. Spoon down center of tortillas; roll up.
- Place, seam side down, in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and enchilada sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 707 calories, 45g fat (19g saturated fat), 488mg cholesterol, 965mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 18, 2012
I've made this recipe several times and everyone loves it. The only thing I added is a little salsa to the eggs after they were cooked.
Apr 28, 2011
My husband really liked this recipe. I used turkey bacon, but next time I'll switch, because there were no drippings. I'm not a big green onion fan, so next time I'll probably leave those out, maybe use regular onions!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.