Slow-Cooked Green Chili Beef Burritos
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 9 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (12 inches)
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Cut roast in half and place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Add broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Return shredded beef and reserved liquid to the slow cooker. Stir in the enchilada sauce, green chilies, tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until heated through. Spoon beef mixture down the center of tortillas; add toppings of your choice. Roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 419 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1175mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 9, 2015
I love making this for my roommates and our friends. It feeds a lot of people and the flavor is amazing. Great for tailgating, really easy to make, freezes well.
Mar 16, 2012
My family just loved this recipe, freezes well we kicked it up a notch