Chili Seasoning Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon each dried cilantro flakes, basil and oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Use to season chili, sprinkle it on fish, or use as a rub for pork.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 18 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2012
I have this as a christmas present to my boyfriends large family (10 Kids). Everyone LOVED it. Kept asking for the recipe all year long. Definately a must.
Dec 22, 2010
I might make it if i had the recipe to go with the the seasoning mix.... someone did put some ingredients on, do you drain the beans ect.? could you please put the original recipe on for this mix....thanks
Aug 19, 2009
Thanks so much for the chili recipe amber. My son loved it. I made it for a potluck and he wanted us to get there late so we would still have some to bring back home. LOL
Nov 24, 2008
I tried this recipe and it was great! I used 1 lb. ground beef, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 quart tomato juice, 1 pint diced tomatoes, and 1/4 c. seasoning. Hope this helps.
Nov 12, 2008
Is there a chili recipe that can go with the mix?