"This low-sodium blend can spice up just about anything," writes Lesley Tragesser of Charleston, Missouri. Try sprinkling the mild mix of onion powder, garlic powder and thyme on seafood, chicken and even steak. If you'd like a little more zip, add some cayenne pepper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 1/3 cup
- 5 teaspoons onion powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts1 teaspoon: 8 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Seasoning Blend in Light & Tasty June/July 2004