Taco Meat Seasoning
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Taco shells or flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese and salsa
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in taco shells with shredded cheese and salsa.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 98 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 18, 2014
Very good. A time saver, too. It's made with ingredients I usually have in the house. I've made this often.
Mar 21, 2012
Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you--this recipe is a time saver. The recipe is such a large one that, unless you are feeding a large crowd, you will have plenty to freeze. Divide into 1/4ths or 1/3ds and any time you want tacos or need taco meat for a recipe, a batch of this can be thawed and used. I have made this recipe for years and my family much prefers this to the powdered, shake out of an envelope taco meat.
Mar 2, 2012
I have to have this in my freezer at all times because it is requested at least once a week by my picky eaters! Makes alot too:)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.