This mild blend from Kayleen Nichols of Sterling, Virginia gives fish a lift but also adds interest to other meats and vegetables. "A neighbor whose husband was on a no-salt diet gave me this recipe over 20 years ago," Kayleen writes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts1 teaspoon: 7 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Fish Seasoning in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.