All-Purpose Meat Seasoning
My wonderful mother-in-law, Margarette, gave me this recipe. I like to sprinkle it over boneless pork tenderloin before baking. —Rebekah Widrick, Beaver Falls, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool dry place up to 1 year.
NOTE: The seasoning caramelizes quickly when the meat is seared in a skillet.
Nutrition Facts1 teaspoon: 15 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as All Purpose Meat Seasoning in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.