Vegetable Seasoning Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes3-4 servings per batch
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans or vegetable of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 24-30 batches (1/2 cup total).
- To use seasoning mix: Cook and drain vegetables. Add butter and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoning mix; toss until butter is melted. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nov 6, 2012
I made an entire container of this "vegetable salt". I bake a bag of frozen vegetables and heftily salt with the vegetable seasoning. It's definitely good, something I will be doing this with vegetables in the future.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.