Tex-Mex Seasoning Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons dried minced chives
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TEX-MEX DIP:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Corn chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR TEX-MEX CHICKEN:
- 7 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 6 tablespoons.
- To prepare dip: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and 4-1/2 teaspoons seasoning mix. Serve with corn chips. Yield: about 1 cup.
- To prepare chicken: Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the process cheese, sour cream and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Add the chicken, beans, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix; heat through.
- Drain noodles; add to sauce and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 teaspoon: 265 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2015
You probably could make this with cheddar cheese if you make the cheddar cheese into a cheese sauce first.
Jan 2, 2015
can you make this without the processed cheese? Use regular mild cheddar?