Italian Meatball Seasoning
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 slices day-old white bread, cut into thirds
- 8 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of meatballs):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 200° for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until dried. Place bread in a blender or food processor; cover and process until crumbly. Add seasonings. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (about 2 cups total).
- To prepare meatballs: In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 77 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 16, 2015
it dose not have the degree's or how long to cook it
Jan 22, 2011
thank you for this recipe. I have been looking for a good recipe like this for a while. It is very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.