Southwestern Seasoning Mix
I like to experiment with spice and this is one of my creations. There are so many different way to put it to use.—Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Use as a seasoning for cooked vegetables, grilled meats or chip dips.
Editor's Note: For use as a dip, combine 1 tablespoon mix with 1 cup sour cream and salt to taste. Chill for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1/4 teaspoon: 2 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Seasoning Mix in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.