Southwestern Dip Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup dried minced onion
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 12 batches (1-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare one batch of dip: Add 2 tablespoons of mix to mayonnaise and sour cream; stir until blended. Serve with chips or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables): 264 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2013
So most the spices work in this dip except the parsley and salt. I found it to be too salty and the parsley over bearing but all the other spices taste great in it.
Nov 17, 2012
Looking at this recipe I am wondering if the measurements of the chili powder and the cumin are right?
Oct 20, 2012
This is a very good dip, even with pretzels. I made it with light mayo and sour cream and it was very good. I gave this as a gift at Christmas last year and it was very well received.
Jan 1, 2012
very good base recipe for a dip mix, we added more dried pepper flakes and oregano. Everyone enjoyed!