Southwestern Dip Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup dried minced onion
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 12 batches (1-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare one batch of dip: Add 2 tablespoons of mix to mayonnaise and sour cream; stir until blended. Serve with chips or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables): 264 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 6, 2013
So most the spices work in this dip except the parsley and salt. I found it to be too salty and the parsley over bearing but all the other spices taste great in it.
Nov 17, 2012
Looking at this recipe I am wondering if the measurements of the chili powder and the cumin are right?
Oct 20, 2012
This is a very good dip, even with pretzels. I made it with light mayo and sour cream and it was very good. I gave this as a gift at Christmas last year and it was very well received.
Jan 1, 2012
very good base recipe for a dip mix, we added more dried pepper flakes and oregano. Everyone enjoyed!