Southwestern Bean Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 9 cups
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced jalapeno pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl; add the onion. Mash with a fork until crumbly; set aside.
- In a blender, process tomato sauce and beans until chunky. Add to beef mixture and mix well. Spoon half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered until cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Top with sliced jalapeno. Serve warm with chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 53 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2013
This was great to have while watching the game.
Oct 12, 2010
i make this often in my slowcooker until its heated through, its a hit everytime,its not spicy unless you add some hot sauce or chilles,or serve with jalopemos.