Southwest Hummus Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Baked pita chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut corn from cob. Add the corn, red peppers and tomatoes to bean mixture; mix well. Serve with pita chips or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables): 68 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Sep 1, 2012
I agree with other reviewers that it was a bit dry, but the flavor was excellent! Definitely include the chili powder
Jul 6, 2012
Texture very dry. We added 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbs lime juice. Also a bit of garlic powder. Everyone loved it!
Jun 26, 2012
did not care for texture or flavor of this at all - just my personal preference.